The Junior League of Sioux Falls is committed to developing great community projects. And, in addition, the Junior League of Sioux Falls also supports existing community non-profits through Enabling Funds. These one-time grants are awarded annually in the spring and do not exceed $750. Funds are designated for a special need or specific project for the non-profit. Applications will open late 2023, please check back. Please contact the Project Research and Development Committee at email@example.com with any questions.
- Girl Scouts – Dakota Horizons — $750 for the Career Builders Robotics Challenge to encourage and support girls in elementary and middle school to explore the fields of STEM learning.
- Glory House — $250 to purchase feminine hygiene products for female clients.
- Lasagna Love — $500 to increase promotion to find volunteer chefs, purchase ingredients and cover delivery expenses.
- South Dakota Network Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault — $750 to support emergency services for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or trafficking.
- Special Olympics of South Dakota — $750 to help support bringing the Unified Champion School Program to 5 elementary schools in Sioux Falls. The program promotes inclusion especially for those with disabilities.
- Accurate and Conscious Education Academy — $750 for their guided literacy program which helps students become independent and strategic readers
- Bishop Dudley Hospitality House — $750 to take steps to create an ongoing Independent Living Skills (Home Economics) class series with the goal of decreasing the likelihood that they will become homeless again
- EmBe — $750 to provide each participant who attends 5 of the 6 Making Cent$ classes with a $250 stipend to address her most urgent financial needs
- Homefront Warrior Foundation — $750 for the support of military families while their soldier is deployed
- St. Francis House — $500 to purchase slip resistant shoes, black dress pants, readers, or other miscellaneous things to support basic needs
- Charis Ministries/Food to You mobile food pantry — $500 to purchase food from Feeding SD to stock the food pantry
- Soroptimist International of Sioux Falls SD — $500 to purchase Holla Hers Personal Alarms (flashlight + alarm) for participants of Dream It, Be It workshop
- Furniture Mission of SD — $500 to cover the costs to make 10 toddler beds
- Accelerate Center for Intensive Early Intervention — $500 to provide speech and occupational therapy services to children with Autism or developmental disabilities
- Glory House — $500 for a books, workbooks, and DVDs to provide a class on “real life parenting”
- REACH Literacy — $750 to provide materials for 15 adult learners in their adult literacy program
- Simon Says Give — $500 to provide items for “birthday in a bag” for older children
- South Dakota Voices for Peace — $750 to assist in providing educational materials and hiring a translator
- CASA — $750 to cover the expenses associate with new advocate training
- EmBe — $745 to provide program materials for the Girls on the Run program
- Interlakes Community Action Partnership — $750 to purchase cribs, toddler beds and twin beds for the Heartland House
- Fostering Hope — $500 to assist in funding for Saturday day camps for foster children
- Women in Science — $250 to sponsor 10 students and a teacher in upcoming science projects
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sioux Empire — $500 to purchase new mommy gift bags for new mothers who are part of the Mentor Mom Program
- Children’s Inn — $500 to assist in providing safe shelter and assistance to human trafficking victims
- Ashley’s Kicks for Kids — $500 to purchase shoes for Sioux Falls elementary school students in need
- The New Colossus — $750 to support their campaign geared towards educating students and school personnel about sex trafficking.
- Mita Maska Tiki (My Sister Friend’s House) — $750 to help furnish four independent unit apartments in their shelter facility.
- The Family Visitation Center — $750 to purchase books parents can give to their children during termination visits, after the decision has been made that the child’s biological family is not going to be his or her “forever” family.
- Philip’s Home — $500 to help residents pay for medications, as very few of the women served by Philip’s Home have health insurance.
- Face It TOGETHER Sioux Falls — $750 to be used towards the purchase of a tablet computer.
- REACH Literacy — $750 to be used for the purchase of a new literacy curriculum.
- Back to School BackPack Program — $750 to be used for backpacks and school supplies for area children.
- Dress for Success Sioux Falls — $400 to be used for the purchase of rolling racks for the Dress for Success boutique.
- HorsePower — $350 to be used for scholarships for participants in HorsePower programs.
- Community BackPack Program — $500 for the purchase of backpacks and basic school supplies.
- Furniture Mission of South Dakota — $500 for the purchase of 12 mattresses for the toddler beds they build in their carpenter shop.
- Hawthorne Elementary School — $500 for the purchase of supplies, stationary items, lanyards, name tags, snacks, and poster board for projects.
- Children’s Care Hospital and School (now LifeScape) — $250 to purchase items from the therapists’ “Wish List” of new toys or old favorites that need to be replaced.
- Helpline Center — $250 to purchase items in the youth suicide therapeutic environment room: Beanbag chairs, grief workbooks, toys for therapeutic play and art supplies.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire $465
- The Family Visitation Center $500
- Children’s Inn $500
- Volunteers of America, Dakotas $500
- Children’s Care Hospital & School $500
- Be Free Ministries $500
- South Dakota Achieve $250
- Hawthorne Elementary School $250
- Help!Line Center $500
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) $500
- Help!Line Center $100
- Handi Riders $500
- Good Shepherd Center $200
- Sioux Empire Boys Choir $200
- Sioux Falls Lung Association $500
- Sioux Falls Family YMCA (camp) $500
- Liberty Center $500
- Lutheran Social Services (foster care counseling) $500
- Sioux Falls Family YMCA (After School Program) $500